We know. Cleaning is a chore, but when it comes to your skin, it's a task worth taking the time to do.
After all, spending time and money caring for our skin and applying these wonderful products while using dirty brushes doesn't make much sense.
Many dermatologists recommend washing your makeup brushes and skin care tools every other week. This is essential in our skincare routine as it removes built-up makeup, bacteria, and dirt. Using brushes that aren't clean means there is a good chance you are transferring harmful bacteria to your skin, which could lead to breakouts and other skin irritations. Plus, dirty brushes can often affect how makeup is applied, as product build-up on brushes can cause streaky application.
Cleaning all your brushes is easy to do!
- Wet the brush bristles with lukewarm water.
- Place a drop or two of your favourite cleanser (it can be your favourite facial cleanser!) into the palm of your washed hand or on the tip of the brush.
- Gently massage the tips of the bristles back and forth in your palm.
- Repeat Step 3, but while running lukewarm water over the bristles.
- Squeeze out the excess water and lay flat to dry.
Sealuxe hopes this is a good reminder to make sure clean brushes are the foundation of your good skincare routine!