My husband swore by a certain name-brand soap (white bar, chalky – do I need to say more?). Then I put a bar of SeaLuxe’s Carpe Diem in the shower cubby because I learned long ago, sometimes the path of least resistance is to let partners figure things out on their own rather than state the obvious. Fast forward to two days later, when we were driving to a restaurant.
“Oh, by the way,” the husband said. “That new soap is awesome. It smells great and I didn’t have to pile on moisturizer after I showered!”
(Note: He uses hand cream as a body moisturizer but that’s a story for another day).
“Great,” I said, nonchalantly. “It’s SeaLuxe soap. It’s the brand I use. All the time.”
He nodded, and asked me to buy more of Carpe Diem (he loves the shea butter and loofa combination). Inwardly, I fist-pumped. Not just because I want my husband to smell nice, it’s because he has the attitude of, “if it’s bad for you, they wouldn’t sell it.”
So not true!
Commercial soaps can include the following harmful ingredients:
- Parabens (chemical preservatives);
- Synthetic perfume (linked to allergies and hormonal issues. Can aggravate existing skin issues such as rosacea and acne);
- Petrochemicals (little is known about the long-term effects of petroleum chemicals on our health);
- Phthalates (a word for an ingredient used to produce plastic. Known to cause cancer);
- And artificial colouring (artificial dyes are known to cause illnesses).
SeaLuxe is all about natural ingredients such as healthy oils (great for moisturizing!), essential oils (harm-free and heavenly scent) and nature’s ingredients (organic and biodegradable ingredients that are harvested or sourced in an environmentally-friendly way). We’re passionate about providing luxury skincare products at an affordable price because we want anybody to have the choice of being able to refresh their skin, not pollute it with chemicals!