Caulipower Smoothie Recipe
Even us adults have to sneak a little extra health into smoothies. Bonus points if you can’t actually taste the weird but nutritious ingredients. Regular smoothie makers probably think I’ve heard it all! But have you ever heard of adding frozen cauliflower to a smoothie?
That’s right! Everybody’s faaaaavourite vegetable (ha!)! But stay with us. Cauliflower not only adds a creamy consistency to your drinks but it’s a fantastic superfood. It is chock-a-block with B-vitamins, potassium, antioxidants, and fibre. It’s a nice change of the usual spinach as the smoothie superfood ingredient.
Once blended, you won’t be able to taste it, or see it making it the perfect sneak attack for those fussy eaters!
- 1.5 cups of finely chopped frozen cauliflower
- 1 cup frozen strawberries or raspberries
- 1 frozen or regular banana
- 1.5 cups of almond milk or regular milk (this is a dietary preference)
- 1.5 tbs of your favourite nut butter (we love almond!)
- ½ avocado
- Drizzle honey for sweetness (preference)
Blend and enjoy!